About this course
- CDS or CDSE (Combined defence Services Examination)
Are you graduate and looking for a lucrative job. A job of Dignity, Respect, and honor, then you must consider a career in Indian Armed Forces. CDS is conducted by UPSC, twice in a year for the recruitment of officers in the Indian army Indian navy and Indian Air force.
Candidates who are willing to join (IMA) Indan Military Academy (Dehradun) should be between 19 to 24 years
- Candidates who are willing to join Indian Naval Academy should be between 19-24 years
- Candidates who are willing to join Indian Air force Academy should be between 19-24 years
- Candidates who are willing to join (OTA) Officers Training Academy(Chennai and Gaya, Bihar) should be between 19-24½ years.
- For Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy, the candidate must be Graduate in any stream. For Naval Academy, Only B.Tech graduates can apply.
- For Air force Academy, Graduate in any stream but passed 10+2 with Physics and Maths or B.Tech
There is three Step selection process.
1) Written Test
2) SSB (Service Selection Board) Interviews
3) Medical Examination
Written Test: 300 marks
The written test of CDS is one of its kind. It consists of three parts. Paper-1st, paper-2nd, and Paper-3rd.
paper 1st has 120 questions of General Knowledge carry 0.83 marks each. paper 2nd has 120 questions of the English language carry 0.83 marks each. Paper 3rd has 100 questions ( Each one carries 1 mark) of maths of elementary level, generally cover up the Chapters like Average, profit and loss, time and work, etc.
The point here to be noted that candidates applying only for Officers training academy need not attend Paper 3rd, that is maths. There will be 1/4 Negative Marking for the wrong answer.
The CDS is not a very tough exam neither it is easy but a dedicated student can crack it after the 3-4 months .
Once you clear the CDS written test you will be called for SSB interviews which generally starts 1 month after the written result.